universes. It is first seen in A New Day In The Old Town, when the Shape Changer uses it to request new orders from his unseen superiors. The typewriter is located in the back room of a vintage office equipment store and access is granted by the store owner who has a "deal" with the First Wave soldiers.
Walter refers to the typewriter as a quantum entangled telegraph. Peter removes the ink ribbon from the typewriter and finds out that Bolivia is heading towards Penn Station. (Entrada)
The machine repeatedly types a message while it sits in Walter's lab. The message coincides with the science team's arrival at the Wave Sink Device on Liberty Island in New York Harbor. Astrid finds the message and reports that it says "Be a better man than your father". Olivia was previously unable to telekinetically activate the machine when sitting next to it. (The Last Sam Weiss), The keys in the mirror move independently of the keys on the machine they are mirroring
- The typewriter model used for the "Selectric 251" is an IBM Selectric II, first manufactured in 1971.
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Theories about these questions should be addressed at the associated episode page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
- Was the Selectric 251 brought to this universe, or was it made here?
- How long has it been used for espionage?
- Why had it gone unused for six years before the shape-shifter Lloyd Parr needed it? (A New Day In The Old Town)