|Profession:||Agent. Fringe Division Team Member||Portrayed by: |
|Also Known As:||Bolivia - (by creative staff) Liv - (by friends), Mata Hari, Fauxlivia, The Viper - (by Walter)|
|Family:||Marilyn - mother, Henry - infant son (in original timeline)|
|Connections:||Agent Lee - romantic interest, Frank Stanton - former romantic interest, Peter Bishop - Henry's father, Mary - nanny|
|Seen In:||22 of 100 episodes|
|Remarks:||Long-term relationship with Lee into 2036 before Observers erased from 2015|
|Images of Bolivia Dunham Alternate Version|
Bolivia Dunham is an Agent for the alternate universe's Fringe Division.
In Over There, Part 1, Bolivia serves with Captain Lincoln Lee and Agent Charlie Francis in the alternate universe Fringe Division. Their mission includes locating and assessing inter-dimensional rifts between universes, establishing quarantines when rifts occur, and apprehending individuals that have crossed the rift. She shoots Walter as he escapes an ambush.
In Over There, Part 2, Secretary Bishop gaves her a special mission independent of her team. He has her switch places with Olivia Dunham at the Opera House, in order to infiltrate this universe. As a result, she crosses through the portal with Walter and Peter without raising suspicion.
In Olivia, she rests with Walter outside of a US Congressional building while Peter finishes debriefing his experiences and impressions of the alternate universe. She kisses Peter when he joins her and Walter.
In The Box, Bolivia had her neck tattoo removed with the help of Thomas Newton. She tasks Newton to procure The Box, hidden in a house in Milton. She tasks herself to learn popular culture and to absorb information about the Science Team & Fringe Division. She reports back on the status of the mission to the parallel universe using the Selectric 251 typewriter used by shape-shifters.
In Do Shapeshifters Dream Of Electric Sheep?, she and Peter continue to grow close and intimate. She spends most of her time trying to cover for Thomas Newton after he bungles his attempt to extract a captured shapeshifter. She provides Newton a destructive tablet to consume once he is captured.
In The Abducted, she made wild (and incorrect) guesses on the featured star, and ending, of Casablanca movie.
In Entrada, her cover was blown after Peter receives a call from a cleaning lady that Olivia's is in the alternate universe. In her final mission, she stole a piece of the recovered items for the Wave Sink Device and ordered a store owner to hand the item to The Librarian. In Penn Station, she uses her accomplice as the hostage, but failed to escape after Peter figured out that her hostage was a shapeshifter. She successfully crossed over to her universe, with the help of the implanted harmonic rods.
In Immortality, she accepted her boyfriend's marriage proposal, became ill during a mission, learned that she is pregnant on the way to the hospital, learned that her pregnancy probably occurred while she and her boyfriend were apart on separate missions, was abandoned in the hospital with her wedding engagement cancelled, her boyfriend moved out of the apartment they shared while she was in the hospital, and she has gained the support of the Secretary of Defense for her unborn infant.
In 6B, she and Lincoln Lee investigate the anomaly at the Rosencrantz building. They assume the anomaly has resolved itself when Olivia and Peter convince Alice Merchant to break the quantum entanglement between her and Derek Merchant.
In Bloodline, she was given drugs to accelerate her pregnancy. This kept her and her newborn son alive-she has VPE, but the virus couldn't multiply fast enough to kill her.
In 6:02 AM EST, she came to suspect Secretary Bishop's intent to destroy this universe, then infiltrated Brandon's lab on Liberty Island to take what she needed to cross between universes to warn Peter and convince him to heal both universes. She was captured, then placed in confinement by Secretary Bishop.
In The Day We Died, she is brought from confinement to deactivate the Wave Sink Device, and deliberately vexes Secretary Bishop on how his counterparts in the parallel universe have outsmarted him. She travels to this universe with those near the device when Peter makes a choice to establish a bridge between worlds and save both of the universes.
In Neither Here Nor There, she exchanges case files with Olivia and briefly squabbles with her about the others lack of ethics and morality. Later, she accepts the newly discovered bio-mechanical component from Olivia to take back to her universe and research.
In One Night In October, she brings Olivia back to her universe to solve a complex murder case. While Lincoln Lee and Olivia listen-in, she poses as Olivia to deliberately fool the subject matter expert Olivia brought with her.
In Back To Where You've Never Been, she investigates the breach at the opera house, then apprehends Peter and Agent Lee. Suspicious of a potential conspiracy, she and Captain Lee do not formally process their prisoner, Agent Lee. Instead they follow a call trace to an abandoned industrial area.
In Enemy Of My Enemy, she locates and arrests David Jones in his shape-shifter lab. Later, after Jones' release, she loses her track on him as he evades authorities. She is part of the fruitless assault of the Amphilicite quarry in her universe.
In Making Angels, she visits Walter's lab in this universe to retreive Agent Farnsworth. In the process, she soothes some of the bad-will Walter had invested in her. She leaves with Farnsworth and the beginnings of a tenuous working relationship with Walter.
In Everything In Its Right Place, she escorts Agent Lee during the investigation and eliminates Captain Lee's assassin with a single sniper shot.
In The Consultant, she hosts Walter during his visit and forensics testing then arrests and incarcerates Colonel Broyles for multiple felonies.
In Liberty, she aides and abets Olivia's infilitration into the Liberty Island facility housing the Observer progeny, and the rescue that exfiltrated back through the alternate universe.
- Won an Olympic medal for marksmanship.
- Joined the Fringe Division of the Department of Defense circa late 2008/early 2009.
- She and her mother consider their old home in Tarrytown, New York, as her safe house.
- She was romantically involved with Frank Stanton until he learned of her pregnancy by Peter Bishop.
- Her sister died from alternate universe disease VPE while giving birth.
- She tested positive for VPE and nearly died while delivering Henry.
- Changes her hair color (One Night In October) to blonde for the case then tells Lincoln that Frank prefers it red... suggesting they are romantically involved.
- "This isn't just an assignment, is it? Are you two a couple? Is that what this is about?" - (to Olivia (Over There, Part 2), assessing her relationship with Peter)
- "Well, there are plenty of machines here. I can befriend a vacuum cleaner" - (to Thomas Newton (Do Shapeshifters Dream Of Electric Sheep?), denouncing his claim that she will have a hard time once he is disabled)
- "Sir, Jones has been a step ahead of us the whole way. He knew we were coming, and he moved his entire shapeshifter operation. When we were tracking him, he knew what frequency we were on. Someone inside tipped-off Nina Sharp and got Lincoln killed" - (to Colonel Broyles (The Consultant), not realizing that she is talking to the inside source that tipped-off D. R. Jones)
- Bolivia has a substantially different personal style than Olivia - a saucy sense of humor, romantically adventuristic, a distaste for alcohol.
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on Olivia Dunham/Instance/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
- Is her personality different than Olivia's because she was not experimented on as a child?
- Was/is she a member of the US Marine Corps in the alternate universe?