From Fringepedia FRINGE Wiki
|Profession:||Experiment Victim, Murderer, Rehabilitated||Portrayed by: |
|Family:||Mrs. Lane - aunt, Kendra - sister (unseen)|
|Connections:||Olivia, Sally Clark, James Heath|
|First Seen:||Bad Dreams|
|Seen In:||Over There, Part 1, Subject 13|
|Last Seen:||Worlds Apart|
|Status:||Vanished with Sally after infilitrating the alternate universe|
|Remarks:|| Disappeared on Grayshot Bridge in Central Park.|
Reappeared in the service of D. R. Jones
Nick Lane is a Cortexiphan test subject and a close Jacksonville Daycare comrade of Olivia's.
- He is a former patient at Saint Jude's Mental Hospital. Voluntarily committed to the hospital, he checked out when a lawyer notified him that he had inherited a large sum of money. His stay at the hospital was covered by an older military insurance policy that was considered uncommon. Lane is considered hyper-emotive and believed to suffer from paranoid delusions. He believes he was recruited, as a child, for top-secret experiments that would prepare him to be a soldier in a the coming war. (Bad Dreams)
- He was treated with Cortexiphan as a child in Jacksonville, Florida. During the experimental drug testing in his youth, he was paired with Olivia, whom he refers to as Olive. His psychic bond with her enables him to telepathically project his criminal acts to her as he is committing them. His desire to terminate his life appears to be the reason he drew Olivia to his recent murders; see Suicide By Cop.
- His known murders include a young mother thrown in front of a train, influencing a woman to stab her husband during a meal in a restaurant, slitting the throat of a dancer after an intimate encounter, and forcing a woman to leap from a tall building.
- Lane is familiar with the ZFT Manifesto and wears the black and gray clothing (uniform) typically adopted by a recruit.
- With the help of Massive Dynamic, he regains control of his empathic ability (Over There, Part 1). After being shot with a 76-model pulse weapon, he disappeared with his romantic interest, Sally Clark, on Grayshot Bridge in the alternate universe's Central Park in NYC.
- As a child, Nick was led in a group exercise by Walter (Subject 13). The children in the Cortexiphan test group were attempting to follow Walter's direction - "your imagination can take you anywhere you want to go". Young Nick became concerned that his toy teddy-bear, Snuggles, would not be able to follow the group if their imagination transported them somewhere new.
- In the adjusted timeline (Worlds Apart) he has been recruited by David Jones, along with other Cortexiphan prodigies, to establish a harmonic blend of the two universe that will destroy them both. He is captured, then escapes custody of the Fringe science team by projecting horrendous, dark emotions on his handler. Because the timeline has varied from the original, it has not clarified if this version of Nick Lane is the alternate instance of him, or the original version, having been corrupted after he crossed-over.
- He clips newspaper articles about events that may be Pattern-related.
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on Nick Lane/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
- Did Nick Lane die in the alternate universe ambush, or did he and Sally Clark 'travel' to another place?