From Fringepedia - The FRINGE wiki
| This page contains semi-canon information.|
Semi-canon, or partial canon, describes information garnered from sources other than the originally aired episode... sources that are likely to contain references and material provided by both the Creative-Staff and by persons officially associated with the production, distribution, marketing, etc… While it is fully expected that the Creative-Staff had some input into the semi-canon source, FringePedia does not consider the information a part of, or an augmentation to the FRINGE storyline. Explicit communication from the Creative-Staff on any specific semi-canon issue, is the only method to elevate semi-canon to canon, or FringePedia fact.
The MassiveDynamic.com viral website launched on 9/9/08, the same day as the Season 1 premiere episode. The site contains five main sections:
- Aerospace & Transportation
- Biological & Medical
- Computing & Communications
- Energy & Environment
- Life & Leisure
- (some background imagery includes the words: Hope, Progress, Growth, Inspiration & Happiness)
Aerospace & Transportation
The Aerospace & Transportation page emphasizes Massive Dynamic's role in the improvement of public and commercial transportation. It mentions the PEARL autopilot system - apparently developed by MD's Fleming-Monroe division - and other inventions which "promise to revolutionize commercial transport". The emphasis is on getting the cargo, whether goods or passengers, to arrive faster, cheaper and safer than before.
Finally, this section ends by stating that travel time is decreasing by a given factor each year, and that soon it may decrease so much that near-instantaneous travel (or teleportation) will be possible. The section of the company dedicated to pursuing this is called the Zeno-Transit Initiative.
Biological & Medical
This section talks about different products of MD, such as their microlaser surgical tools and special MRI and QIP scanners. (QIP scanners are not a real medical apparatus) MD's subsidiary ExtenzaLife has released a line of products known as RealMe, which supposedly allows people to become who they want using "psychological, pharmaceutical, and technological tools." MD has also developed a system known as HealthRemote in which patients can return home while remaining under physician care. ref. BELLMEDICS
Massive Dynamic’s Advanced Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory Chief Researcher Jason Smith
- an experimental treatment for cancer could also defeat a handful of rare life-threatening autoimmune disorders 
Computing & Communications
Wiring you into the world
MD Quantum-Digital Networking- "plays a vital role in the intelligence centers of our world, streamlining the operations of governments, firms, households, and recreational zones"
Massive Logistic- MD’s information technology subsidiary
Vice-president- Jennifer Magumda
- D2O (digital-to-organic) convergence
- Holographic Computer Monitor
Energy & Environment
The energy we need, the environment we love
Massive Energetic partners with local communities to meet their unique sustainability needs.
Spokeswoman- Marie Tallia
- Gravitational Dampening- harnesses opposing gravitational fields to weaken the pull of gravity toward the earth’s surface
Massive Dynamic Energy Group is the division of MD dedicated to the development of new energies.
- Zero-point Energy Extraction- the employment of energy contained in a quantum vacuum
- Geothermal Energy Initiative- promoting the use of MD's anthropogenic geothermal venting (AGV) technique
Life & Leisure
This section of the website is devoted to various fictitious and futuristic products, including a "Mass-Dyn Z10" Video Game system, a "Giga-Def " Television system, and "Full-Sensory-Input technology."
Ludic Science life and leisure activities
Senior Vice President of Ludic Science- Marcia Sorrens
- Invisi-V: Flat-screen television that blends seamlessly into the wall. (The underlying Invisi-Cloak camouflaging technology was developed in conjunction with Fleming-Monroe)
Massive Dynamic Foundation
Philanthropic arm of Massive Dynamic
- Education and Development Director: Ken Hutchens
- Creative Director: Martin Buitenheld
- Gene Therapy Learning Project- provides high school students with the tools necessary to work in the field of gene therapy.
- Rainforest Preservation Plan- aims to protect regions whose biodiversity has the greatest potential for development of new pharmaceuticals and MD scientists will catalog resident species and sequence their genomes.
This sections summarizes the results from the Global Responsibility Report 2008. MD's efforts seem to fall under five categories: Education, Environment, Community Development, Global Health, and Disaster Relief & Prevention. Each category lists two missions.
A page that links to the MD websites for 42 countries MD operates in. All countries link back to the worldwide page except for "U.S.A." which links to the MD homepage.
- MD: Midland Exploration Inc. (Midland) is a Canada-based mining exploration company
- ABEF: Possibly Spain-based telecom giant Abertis? See Yahoo Finance for more information.
- SIRI: Sirius XM Radio Inc. is a satellite radio provider in the United States and Canada
- SPY: SPDR Trust, Series 1 is a unit investment trust
- XLF: Financial Select Sector SPDR Index Fund
- AFFX: Affymetrix, Inc. is engaged in the development, manufacture, sale and service of consumables and systems for genetic analysis in the life sciences and clinical healthcare markets. The markets for the Company’s products include all aspects of molecular biology research in the life sciences, including basic human disease research, genetic analysis, pharmaceutical drug discovery and development, pharmacogenomics (research relating to how a person's genes affect the body's response to drug treatments), toxicogenomics (research relating to the measurement of gene expression as a predictor of toxicity) and molecular diagnostics. Its integrated GeneChip microarray platform includes disposable deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) probe arrays (chips) consisting of nucleic acid sequences set out in an ordered, high-density pattern, certain reagents for use with the probe arrays, a scanner and other instruments used to process the probe arrays.
- AARS: Asia Atlantic Resources
- AVAV: AeroVironment, Inc. designs, develops, produces and supports a portfolio of small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) that it supplies primarily to organizations within the United States Department of Defense (DoD), and fast charge systems for electric industrial vehicle batteries that it supplies to commercial customers. AeroVironment derives the majority of its revenue from these two business areas. The Company's core technological capabilities include lightweight aerostructures and electric propulsion systems, electric energy systems and storage, high-density energy packaging, miniaturization, controls integration and systems engineering optimization.
- MELI: MercadoLibre, Inc. hosts a fully automated, topically arranged online trading service, and an integrated online payments solution.
- OTTR: Otter Tail Corporation is engaged Electric Energy, Plastics, Manufacturing, Health Services, Food ingredient processing, and Other Business Operations.
- PWAV: Powerwave Technologies, Inc. is a global supplier of end-to-end wireless solutions for wireless communications networks.
- QLGC: QLogic Corporation is a supplier of storage networking solutions and network infrastructure solutions
Press and public relations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific/technological research: email@example.com
Governmental and legal inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Support: email@example.com
Representative Voicemail: 1-877-8-MSSDYN / 1-877-867-7396
Massive Dynamic Public Affairs: Jonathan Stadtler firstname.lastname@example.org
Listed at the end of press releases: Mark Johnson email@example.com
- This section contains fields for a username and password.
- The source code of the page reveals that any login data provided in this area is meant to show an "Access Denied" message.