|Last Seen:||Everything In Its Right Place|
Peter Bishop explains that since cows are genetically very similar to humans, experiments on cows, simulate effects on humans; they are an ethical test subject when using a human guinea-pig might be dangerous.
No tests have been carried out on Gene during FRINGE (to-date), although she does show an odd interest in watching SpongeBob Squarepants, and has an unnatural attraction to take-out Chinese food.The Same Old Story. Walter is seen consuming milk from an flask in Power Hungry.
Gene - the Mule?. In In Which We Meet Mr. Jones, Walter retrieves illicit drugs he has hidden in her stall. Reminding her of her vow of silence as he leaves the stall.
Astrid takes issue when Walter explicitly directs her in the care of Gene... how to brush! Hair and teeth, in Safe. Gene occasionally meets new people: The Child in Inner Child, Agent Kashner in Dream Logic, Lisa Donovan in Unearthed, Ella in Brown Betty, Lincoln Lee in Stowaway.
Gene, according to Walter, suffers from Seasonal Affective Disease and needs the occasional field trip to a pasture for sunshine and fresh air. Her favorite Boston Metropolitan Area pasture is in Warwick.
- "The only thing better than a cow, is a human. Unless you need milk. Then you really need a cow." - Walter (on species preferences)
- "Mooooooo!" - Gene (multiple episodes, catch-phrase)
- "Gene! Gene! No licking! No licking!" - Walter (hurrying to intercept Ella meeting Gene for the first time)
- "Walter, please tell me you're not giving Gene the evidence to drink." - Astrid (to Walter, discouraging him from testing his bovine-American friend with a liquid that may eliminate cell decay and lead to cheese and milk products that never go bad)
- Season 1: Pilot — The Same Old Story — The Arrival — Power Hungry — In Which We Meet Mr. Jones — Safe — Ability — Inner Child
- Season 2: A New Day In The Old Town — Night Of Desirable Objects — Fracture — Dream Logic — Unearthed — Brown Betty — Over There, Part 2
- Season 3: 6955 kHz — Marionette — Stowaway
- Season 4: Neither Here Nor There — Enemy Of My Enemy — Everything In Its Right Place
- Season 5: The Recordist
- The name Gene is a play on the word Genetics.
- A variant of Eugene - "Gene" is typically used as a masculine name in Western society, although the feminine variant, Eugenia, is sometimes shortened to Gene.
- Gene, originally played by Toronto-based Pansy, was recast for the remainder of Season 1 filming in the US.
- According to producer J.R. Orci, Season 1 'Gene' worked for Arvin Sloane. (FTV Interview).
- Gene was recast again after returning to Canada for Season 2 filming.
- In Northwest Passage, Peter tells Deputy Ferguson that he'll be staying under the name of Gene Cowan at the Northwest Passage Motel.
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on Gene/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.