Brave New World, Part 2
From Fringepedia - The FRINGE wiki
|Talk||Brave New World, Part 2||Theories|
|Brave New World, Part 2|
|Air Date:||11 May 12|
|Written by:|| Akiva Goldsman|
|Directed by:||Joe Chappelle|
|Guest Cast:|| Leonard Nimoy as William Bell|
Michael Cerveris as The Observer
Rebecca Mader as Jessica Holt
Gerard Plunkett as Senator Van Horn
Marcia Moulton as Nurse
|Next:||Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11|
|Previously:||Brave New World, Part 1|
|Transcript — Additional Images|
Brave New World, Part 2 is the twenty-second episode of the fourth season of FRINGE and the season finale. It first aired on 11 May, 2012. William Bell brings his captured colleague, Walter Bishop, along as he transports his vessel full of mutant creatures to a precise spot in the North Atlantic. Olivia and Peter locate and board the vessel as Bell's plan to collapse the two universes comes to fruition. The Observer hadn't witnessed this potential outcome before now - and others need to be warned as a result.
- Talos. The name of Bell's ocean-going cargo vessel, Talos was a Greek god of myth that was more creative, and a better inventor, than his uncle, the god Daedalus
- Cultural References
- Star Wars. Peter references the iconic movie with the phrase "Jedi Mind Trick", referring to Olivia taking control of his movements in order to defeat Jones in physical battle (Brave New World, Part 1)
|The signage 'Eden' on the exterior of Bell's waterfront warehouse (Brave New World, Part 1) foreshadows the mission of Genesis that Bell undertakes with his modified creatures|
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on Brave New World, Part 2/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
- Did The Observer have prior knowledge that Walter, specifically, would have to kill Olivia, in this or any timeline, to prevent the collapsing of the universes?
- Who is 'coming' that merits a visit by The Observer to Walter's lab to warn him personally?
- Who are the 'Others' that The Observer tells Walter they need to warn?
- After Olivia was eliminated as his power source, and he rang his ship's bell, where did William Bell 'evaporate' to?
- If Bell didn't go anywhere, did he simply cease to be... erased from the timeline?
- Does Bell have extended knowledge about the Observers, above and beyond that of the Fringe Task Force and Massive Dynamic?
- Did Bell exploit future technology to create the Stasis Runes, much as Neil Chung (Making Angels) exploited the recovered Observer device from Reiden Lake?
- If not, was the technology given to Bell to intentionally capture Observer's that might interfere with his grand scheme?
- Is Bell's sole intention to create a new universe to satisfy his assumption that since he was created in God's image, it was his destiny to become God?
- If not, what other objectives does he intend to accomplish beyond quelching his megalomania?