From Fringepedia - The FRINGE wiki
Massive Dynamic is a multi-billion-dollar corporation responsible for research, development and production in a variety of different high-tech fields. These include, but are not limited to; weapons testing, robotics, medical equipment, aeronautics, genetics and pharmaceuticals. Its home office is at 655 18th St., New York (Olivia). Charlie Francis estimated the company to be worth around $50 billion.
| This page contains semi-canon information.|
Semi-canon, or partial canon, describes information garnered from sources other than the originally aired episode... sources that are likely to contain references and material provided by both the Creative-Staff and by persons officially associated with the production, distribution, marketing, etc… While it is fully expected that the Creative-Staff had some input into the semi-canon source, FringePedia does not consider the information a part of, or an augmentation to the FRINGE storyline. Explicit communication from the Creative-Staff on any specific semi-canon issue, is the only method to elevate semi-canon to canon, or FringePedia fact.
In 2002, on the 10th anniversary of its founding, Massive Dynamic leapt into the world of computing and telecommunications. Massive Dynamic's Q-Security was widely hailed as a superior, seamless networking tool for governments, firms, and households. MD's Computing and Communications branch grew dramatically, particularly in the fields of artificial intelligence, bio-computation and quantum cryptography.
Two years later, Massive Dynamic burst into the world of entertainment. By 2007, Ludic Science – MD's entertainment subsidiary – had designed digital effects software now used by every major film studio. Meanwhile, the Mass-Dyn Z10 videogame console became an overnight hit with children and adults alike, while Giga-Def Televisions took their place in millions of homes around the world.
Today, Massive Dynamic is a multi-faceted corporation working for the betterment of medical, communications, energy, transportation, and entertainment technology. As humanity moves boldly into the future, Massive Dynamic will be there leading the way, improving the quality of life for people everywhere.
The reading of Bell's Will, following his presumed death, leaves Walter as the lone shareholder and heir apparent to Massive Dynamic (The Box).
- ExtenzaLife, MD's wellness subsidiary (The Dreamscape)
- Fleming-Monroe, MD's aeronautic division (Of Human Action)
- Ludic Science, MD's entertainment division
- Massive Logistic, MD’s information technology subsidiary
- Massive Energetic, MD's energy development team
- Massive Dynamic Foundation, MD's philanthropic entity
- William Bell founded Massive Dynamic.
- Walter Bishop became the sole shareholder (The Box) of the corporation in 2010, when it was assumed that William Bell passed away and his Last Will was executed.
- Nina Sharp is employed as the Chief Operating Officer.
- Brandon is a prominent research scientist with considerable access to Nina.
- Doctor James Carson is a scientist at the Fleming-Monroe Aerospace Division. (Of Human Action)
- Mark Young was a Medical Research executive (The Dreamscape), before leaping to his death from the HQ's building.
- Richard Steig formerly worked at the weapons testing facility, but was terminated after attempting to steal research. (Pilot).
- Elizabeth Zedillo is the Chief Financial Officer.
- Cyrus Manatt is a Senior Vice President.
- Jason Smith is a lead researcher for cancer/autoimmune clinical trial.
- Ken Hutchens is the Education and Development Director.
- Marie Tallia is the spokeswoman for Massive Energetic.
- Martin Buitenheld is Creative Director for the MD Foundation.
- Marcia Sorrens is Vice President of Ludic Science.
- Mark Johnson is a Public Affairs contact listed in press releases.
- Jonathan Stadtler is involved with the Public Affairs Department.
- J.J. Abrams described Massive Dynamic as a company that seems to own everything.
- The original Massive Dynamic building was inspired by the Royal Ontario Museum .
- The current Massive Dynamic building is the World Trade Center Building #7
- The engines of Flight 627 bear the Massive Dynamic logo.
- During the scene in which Steig is running away from Olivia Dunham, the Massive Dynamic logo is visible on the rooftop satellite dishes.
- Massive Dynamic was originally titled Prometheus Corp, according to early reviewers of the pilot script.
- In Greek legend, Prometheus was the Titan who stole the secret of fire from the Gods.
- The full title of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein includes the subtitle The Modern Prometheus.
- The name was most likely changed due to avoid conflicts and confusion with the existing Prometheus Group, an American medical research group; organizations named Prometheus Corporation also exist in various fictional media including the comic book Prey: Origin of the Species.
- Massive Dynamic was titled Massive Dynamics (with an S) in the "leaked" pilot.
- An organization called Massive Dynamic is referenced in the movie, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
- A billboard advert for Massive Dynamic appears in the Pilot episode. It depicts a boy holding a toy plane at arm's length, while a fighter jet flies high above him. Above the picture is the slogan "What do we do? What don't we do". The words "Massive Dynamic" appear under the picture, accompanied by the black-and-white double M logo.
- Logo. The Massive Dynamic 'M' logo is similar to the Nintendo's 'N' logo for the N64.
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on Massive Dynamic/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
| This page contains non-canon information.|
Non-canon describes information extracted from sources that are not associated with the Creative Staff of FRINGE, or the organizations authorized to officially represent, distribute, market or otherwise promote the show. Non-canon sources include unofficial media outlets, fan websites, personal and commercial weblogs, wikis, wikias, online databases, electronic games or on-line role-playing games associated with FRINGE